Sure Start Children’s Centres North and East Halifax covers the areas of Illingworth, Mixenden, Ovenden, Northowram & Shelf and parts of Pellon.
There are 5 Children’s Centres and a Core Services team based within this area. The following services are on offer:-
- Good quality learning combined with full day care provision for children aged 0-5
- Child and Family Health Services, including Antenatal Services
- Parental Outreach
- Family Support Services
- Support for Childminders
- Support for Children and Parents with Special Needs
- Effective links with Job Centre Plus to support parents and carers who wish to consider Training and Employment
- Drop in sessions and other activities for children and carers at all centres
- Termly Programme of Activities for Parents/Families
- Activities for Families during School Holidays
For more information on the services on offer at your nearest centre click on the link to your left. Alternatively contact the core services team on
Our Vision is to: Work with families and our partners to ensure that all children in North & East Halifax have the opportunity to achieve their full potential.
Sure Start Children’s Centres North & East Halifax is committed to Safeguarding and Promoting the Welfare of Children.
Everything we do in local Children’s Centres contributes to our Business Plan. Please click on the links to see Business Plan 2012-2013. Due to Commissioning we have had to extend the Business Plan from the previous Year, for further details please click on the link Business Plan Extension 2(1 October 2013 - 1 July 2014)
Childens Centres in North & East Halifax, you can click on the links above or the link below:
Centre inspection says the Children’s Centres in this area are officially good
Interested in being a volunteer? Click here to find out more.
We are not currently recruiting.
Book to attend a Spring Term (Jan- March 2014) Family learning Course online…
If the alignment is not correct on these pages please upgrade your internet!